Monday, May 21, 2012

Why I don't feel guilty about failing

I'm linking up at Monday Musings. You can click on the link below the post. It won't let me link up in the post)

I'm not perfect. Let me be the first one to admit that. I fail on a daily basis. I fail my husband by not asking him on a daily basis how I can pray for him. I fail my daughter by not always understanding why she is crying. I fail not taking care of my home by not always having a made bed. But you know what? I'm okay with that. I am a sinner... and guess what? So are you. 

Romans 3:23 says " For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God." 
 
 Now I'm not saying that because we are all sinners, that we should be okay with constantly failing. It should be quite the opposite. We should strive towards being more like Jesus on a daily basis. 

Philippians 3:12-14 says" Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

I have not obtained perfect righteousness. A few years ago, there was a speaker at the summer camp I was helping with, and he said that the path to righteousness, is like going through the alphabet. You start on A when you accept Jesus into your heart, and you don't reach Z, until you meet him in heaven. I LOVE this illustration. It shows getting nearer to Christ as a journey and a process. It's not going to happen overnight. 

I am working on becoming a more respectful  and serving wife. I am working on becoming a more loving mother. I am working on becoming a more organized homemaker. I am working on becoming more consistent with my Bible readings, and letting God lead me where he wants me. I am working on having a stronger relationship with God and worshiping him with all of me. I am working on having an attitude like my Savior. I am working on following God joyfully. 

I'm working. But more importantly, God is working in and on me. =)

2 comments:

  1. great post!

    I struggle with guilt about not be "perfect" all the time!!! I'm working on getting to the point where I dont and I can truly just rely on God's grace and strength! beautiful reminder! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete